Sunday, August 2, 2009

Time is marching on FAST!!!!

We spent Saturday night at Red Robin to celebrate DJ's birthday. It was a cozy (very) and nice evening. I guess it is important to get as many people setting shoulder to shoulder so that they can all feel close and connected. 4 adults, 8 drinks, 4 meals, a platter of chips and dip, forces one to really pay attention to what is going on. Actually I liked it a lot. I am sure that DJ would have preferred to have dinner with the "red-haired" girl or to get some sleep because he was up all night and had to work on Saturday, it was great to talk about to my kids. It is fun to see the personalities that they have grown in to, to hear about the things they are doing, to hear about their friends and plan for the futue. Things are moving ahead, except........for the fact that Dalllin still ordered the 5 alarm burger (even though they don't make it any more) and an orange-cream shake. Same thing he has ordered for the last 10 years. It is time to move on.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so glad that we will get to hear from you guys now! Watch out though. Carren starts her harrassment for not updating regularly after about a week of no blogs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is OK, I have been harrassing her for a while under the name "anonomous"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish all of you had been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you were Dad! You sounded like Dad! Chels - POST SOMETHING!

    ReplyDelete