Friday, March 26, 2010

An Amazing Account of Acquired Awareness

Carren challenged me to the come up with 10 things that I love starting with A. This was easy. Maybe she know that it would be and was giving me a break, I don’t know. But for whatever reason, I liked the exercise because it gave me the opportunity to think of things that I really to appreciate but would never blog about but am very, very grateful for. Let me caution all who read it, be careful how you comment on this because you too could be challenged with a letter.

10: AJAX: Wait a minute, don’t groan. I am serious. I like AJAX, it and similar cleaners(Comet) are my cleaners du joir in my home storage. I like how they make everything smell clean. I have this false impression that whn things smell clean, they must be clean. It is simple, I don’t fill like I am killing the ozone layer by using it and it is cheap!



9. Aragon of LOTR fame.: Ahhhhhh, this is definitely a case where a picture is worth a 1000 words. . He is sensitive, rugged, determined, and comes to an understanding of his full potential with the help of his leading lady. And he does not drop her as soon as he reaches the top.


8. Appalachian Trail: I have had a fascination with this place since I was 10 years old and read about it in a National Geographic magazine. I always dreamed about walking the entire trail/it takes several months to do it. You start in Georgia and it goes all the way to Maine(2160 miles) People do this. It would be like going back to the basics, back when the country was new. Only problem now days, people get killed doing it because there people along the trail to prey on lone hikers.



7. Apollo Missions: Having been in high school when this was all happening, I love reading about the amazing feats that NASA engineers and astronunts did. Can you imagine going to the moon with the computers they had back then.? My laptop probably has more capabilties. Yes, I am aware that there are people who think it is all faked but I don't. I believe John Glen to be a very honest man and if he said it was done, it was done. If you are more of the LDS persuasion, David Lind was an astronaut and had an experiment used during the Apollo 12 mission. They stood on the moon and looked back at the earth. How amazing would that have been?




6.Alphabet: Have you ever stopped to think about it, what our lives would be without the alphabet? It would be reduced to communicating through clip-art. I am serious, it is so neat to think that because of 26 letters, we can communicate (I didn't say get along) with half the world.



5. Albert Einstein: I love this guy (not a very nice or moral man) but wow what a genius. His theories of relativity, time, matter just blow your mind. I think that his theory E=MC2 is probably the same thing that is discussed in D&C 131:7 (given about 100 years earlier)
7 There is no such thing as immaterial matter. All spirit is matter, but it is more fine or pure, and can only be discerned by purer eyes;




4. Astronomy : To look at the night sky through a telescope is like looking into the past and future all at once. To see so many stars and know that all things are in order and with a plan. That I am seeing the same stars that Abraham saw and that I can see the Andromeda Galaxy that is over 2.50 million light-years away from the earth. My favorite quote is from Neal A Maxwell: "Therefore, on a clear night, though we see stars of incomprehensible longevity, they are not immortal. But, thankfully, we are!"

3. Alma 5: This is not what you are thinking, even though it is great scripture, the 5th chapter of the Book of Alma, in the Book of Mormon is probably one of the great reality checks to where we personaly stand with each other and with the Lord. Take time to read it or reread it. It is just a masterpiece of evaluation and what we should be doing with our lives. I have underlined dozens of questions that Alma asked and it never fails to very quickly put me in my place if I start thinking that I am doing pretty good in my personal and spiritual life. It is really the best reality check you can read and the best relationship manual EVER written.

2. A+ blood type. Probably the only A+ I have ever gotten, but I am very grateful for blood and what it does to keep me going.






AND NUMBER ONE:

1. Atonement. There is nothing better or more prefect. I am so grateful for the Lord Jesus Christ and his Atonement. It is all true. He lives.

4 comments:

  1. Super cool! Now I'll have to reread Alma 5. It's been coming up quite a bit lately. And Ajax (or it's counterpart) is magic. Happy, powdery white magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, mom! I can't believe you came up with these so fast AND Allie wasn't on the list. 1) I remember cleaning with AJAX when I was a kid and HATED it! I thought that the fine dust particles were going to get into my lungs and I would die of asfixiation. Maybe that's why I hate cleaning so much. Now I just use scrubbing bubbles. 2) What is dad's blood type. I still have no idea what mine is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought these were about things we normally would not blog about. I would gladly blog about Allie all the time. (Lori you do a great job)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know of your fascination with the Appalachian Trail. So beautiful! It cuts through WV and I've always wanted to hike it.

    I also just scrubbed my bathtub with Comet and thought of you. :)

    ReplyDelete